Detail-oriented, team-player and creative problem-solver software engineer with 8+ years professional experience in software product management and systems development life cycle (SDLC). Solid mathematical knowledge with experience in designing and developing comprehensive and complex algorithms. Proven ability to learn, customize and utilize emerging technologies and research methods. Strengths include:
- Scalable Distributed Systems
- Software Design & Architecture
- Agile Software Development
- Machine Learning
- Algorithm Analysis & Design
- Database Design & Development
- Lead a team of engineers in upgrading existing business logic to address changes in small parcel industry.
- Assist with the interviewing, hiring, and training of software engineers.
- Work directly with marketing and sales teams in designing new features/plugins to address new market demands.
Joined eAudit as its first software engineer to design and develop a scalable, multi-tenant and secure shipping audit and optimization platform. Managed complex system architecture and the complete life cycle of 9 subsystems in Agile Scrum processes. This platform currently processes over $1 billion dollars of shipping annually and has transformed eAudit into one of the top logistics companies in its market. Some of projects and accomplishments are:
- Designed and developed a scalable, fault-tolerant and high performance distributed processing system to process over a million shipping records daily using Amazon EC2, SQS and SNS.
- Developed two API-Centric web applications for end users and system administrators. Admin dashboard includes real-time monitoring and management of all components and subsystems.
- Implemented a robust and secure billing and invoicing system to handle eAudit's complex invoicing options; Integrated with Quickbooks and AuthorizeNet.
- Integration with major parcel carriers including UPS, FedEx, DHL and others.
- Implemented a micro Object Relational Mapping (ORM) for Amazon Redshift using C\#.Net.
- Designed and developed a high performance adhoc report builder which included an intuitive web user interface.
- CSCI 3200: Data structures and their applications
- CSCI 1001: Introduction to computer science
- UInterestManager: Conducted a research on extracting user interests from text documents and on how to manage user profile using domain ontologies. Also I developed this framework on a cloud computing environment.
- Smart News Feed: Designed a novel ranking algorithm and developed a feed reader that provides classification and ranking features for users. The system categorizes incoming news feed considering user preferences and sorts them based on relevancy to each topic.
- Home Visit: Designed and developed an online survey software for the Home Visit application (A home environment simulator to teach safety and home inspection). It was a joint project with department of Family Medicine at University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Court Extraction: Implemented an application to extract required information (e.g. name, age, crime type) from unstructured court documents using Stanford CoreNLP.
Co-founded a software company to develop a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for IT departments. My responsibilities involved leading all aspects of the company’s technological development, including building and managing teams, research in studying technologies and contributing to development processes. Products that were developed include:
- IT CMMS: Contributed in developing a Computerized Maintenance Management System for IT departments.
- eForm: an electronic form management system including WYSIWYG form editor, user management and report builder.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Level (Mar. 2017 - Mar. 2019)
Skills & Proficiency
- Frameworks: Spring, Laravel, Wordpress, JQuery, AngularJS, D3.js, Bootstrap
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Amazon Redshift, MySQL
- Infrastructure/Tools: Amazon EC2, Amazon SQS, Amazon S3, AWS Lambda, Git, Jira
- Web Automation/Scraping: iMacros, SeleniumHq
- Design/Concepts: Software design patterns, Distributed systems, OOP, RESTful Web services, MVC, TDD, UML, SOA
- Operating Systems: Liunx (Centos, Ubuntu), Windows Server 2012
- Software development methodology: Agile Scrum, Extreme programming (XP)